Simple Machines Forum is a lightweight PHP forum application. You can make a secure and reliable forum application. Its installation is very easy. The installation process has given below.
- MySQL Version 5.3.3
- PHP Version 7.2 or high
Step by Step Install SMF
- Download the SMF installer.
- Open Cpanel or Direct admin panel.
- Go to the file manager. Then click public_html.
- Upload instlation file public_html.
- Extract this zip file.
- Open a new tab in your browser. Type the domain name and open your website.
- The installation window appears.
- Click the Continue.
Step 9. After creating the MySql database fill up all fields. Write database server name, database username, and pass. Don’t change table prefix.
Step 10. Don’t change any other option. Click the Continue.
Step 11. Click the Continue.
Step 12. Write the admin username, email, password, and database password. Click the Continue.
Step 13. The installation process is complete. Please note that delete install.php file in your public_html folder.